Big dogs need big toys and if you own a big dog you already know this. If you have watched your dog play at all, chances are you have seen him pick up sticks and run off with them. However, what you may not know is that letting your dog chew on random sticks from your yard can cause some issues in some dogs.
Sticks tend to break easily and your dog can digest these small bits. While this may be harmless most of the time, it can become dangerous if your dog ingests too many of these small slivers. In addition, ingesting these sticks can cause a choking hazard and may even lead to digestive issues.
The large Dogwood Stick from Petstages is a great alternative to letting your dog play with random sticks.
This stick from Petstages is made out of 30 percent real wood. The rest of it consists of a non-toxic material that is safe for your dog to chew on. These sticks are designed to not splinter, so you will not have to worry about your dog swallowing small pieces of wood.
Perhaps one of the best features of these sticks is that they smell like real wood. This is something dogs really seem to enjoy. The stick is also very strong and durable so it will last your pup for a really long time.
The Petstages Dogwood Sticks come with mixed reviews, but the toy currently has a 4.3 out of 5 star rating on Amazon. It seems that many dog owners are quite happy with these toys as they provide their dog with a safe alternative to chewing on regular sticks.
People also seem to love the fact that these sticks smell like real wood and even contain a portion of real wood for their dog to enjoy.
The biggest complaint about this product is that there are no ingredients listed for it aside from being made from 30 percent real wood. Some people are concerned about what is being used to make the toy smell like real wood and others simply want to know what material is used to make the stick.
This is not an indestructible toy. It is designed as a chew toy and if your dog is an avid chewer he will likely break off small pieces of the stick from time to time. These small pieces are safe for him to swallow, but if the toy is becoming too broken it is time to take it away.
If your dog suffers from any type of allergy, it may be best to avoid purchasing these sticks since it is unknown what exactly they are made from.